in search of Space Monsters

exploring arcade game design with HTML5 and JavaScript

A rough .gif rendering of the corridor-on-rails concept

Further to my previous post about the potential for a zombie / mutant shooter in which the player moves between locations via a pre-rendered sequence, I have knocked up an extremely rough concept.
Flipping through these frames (320×240) and overlaying a weapon in the lower right corner runs very smoothly on the devices I tested on.
Note: […]

Viewports and the scaling & positioning of the canvas

Having just spent a couple of hours poring over my code for scaling & positioning the game canvas I thought I’d share the experience.
Despite having made several HTML5 games over the last couple of years I’ve never experienced any real issues with scaling or positioning. Just recently however I’ve started to notice inconsistencies between browsers […]

Dolphin Browser and Dolphin Browser Beta

Just wanted to quickly reflect some thoughts on Dolphin Browser Beta.
My current test device for HTML5 games is a Samsung Galaxy S3. Quite possibly the best handset money can buy at this moment in time.
There are a range of browsers available for it and I have them all installed. It’s a wonderful feature to be […]

  • Categories

  • Recent Posts

  • Recent Comments